Even amicable divorces can become uncivil when a couple begins to divide property and childcare duties. Divorce mediation is a process that allows you and your spouse to meet with an unbiased divorce mediator who encourages you to work out the terms of your divorce without the need for an expensive courtroom battle.
ALBUQUERQUE, NEW MEXICO DIVORCE MEDIATION SERVICES
WHAT FAMILY ISSUES ARE RESOLVED THROUGH MEDIATION?
The divorce mediators at Terry & deGraauw, P.C. facilitate discussion between you and your spouse to help you resolve issues and finalize your divorce. Issues resolved in mediation include:
- Divorce & Legal Separation
- Custody & Parenting Plans
- Valuation & Division of Property
- Child Support
- Spousal Support
- Premarital Agreements & Post Nuptial Agreements
Whether you are facing contested or uncontested divorce, mediation is an excellent way to avoid the emotional and financial costs of court. Divorce mediation has several benefits:
- Mediation allows you to make decisions and create solutions that make the most sense to your family. If your divorce were to go to litigation, a judge would be making all the decisions for you.
- You are able to work at your own pace. There are no court dates when you choose to work with a divorce mediator. You may take as many or as few sessions as needed to resolve your divorce.
- Unlike divorce litigation, all of your family matters will remain private during mediation.
During mediation, you and your ex-spouse will exchange information and utilize productive, non-adversarial techniques to arrive at an agreement. The divorce mediators at Terry & deGraauw, P.C. may also help refer certain aspects of your case to other professionals such as appraisers, accountants and mental health experts to provide additional support to the family during the divorce process.
EFFECTIVE DIVORCE MEDIATORS IN ALBUQUERQUE, NEW MEXICO
Terry & deGraauw, P.C., is a small law firm that specializes in divorce and family law in Albuquerque, New Mexico. We are certified family law specialists recognized by our peers for our special focus on divorce and family law.
If you have questions about divorce mediation and how it can help you resolve your divorce privately, contact us to schedule a consultation at our divorce law firm.